PROJECT SUPERINTENDENT – POSTED 12/13/2017
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Review of all contract drawings, specifications, shop drawings and submittals for coordination of built-in-items.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of engineering, architectural and other construction drawings.
- Manage and direct all job site activities from start up to completion and ensure project is in accordance with contract specifications and drawings.
- Ensure materials and equipment are released for fabrication or manufactured in time to meet the construction schedule.
- Oversee all labor and subcontractors; check work as it is being placed to ensure it is accurate within accepted tolerance.
- Responsible for implementing and managing weekly safety meetings relaying safety procedures mandated by company and public safety officials, including OSHA and city governments.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays.
- Maintain blueprints, field books and other construction documents (i.e. RFIs, NCRs, and Inspection Reports).
- Prepare daily construction reports, schedules, look-ahead schedules, and maintain close-out records for the project (i.e. as-builts).
- Collect daily reports from subcontractors and ensure they reflect work performed and level of employees on site (number of supervisors and trade workers).
- Report should also include pertinent notes on the project.
- Coordination with the construction manager and project administrator on certified payroll reports. Task will include comparing daily reports with their submittals to ensure accuracy.
- Knowledge with permitting process, inspection procedures, building codes and ordinances.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- CPR/First Aid
- Minimum of 5 years experience on commercial/public work
- Background in engineering, construction management, architecture or a related field
- Federal/US Army Corp of Engineers/Public Works
- Dust Permit
- CQM Certification
Send Resume to Dan Gutierrez – dgutierrez@@benchmarkcontracting.org